Resume of Chris Cochems
Novell Systems Administration, or Systems Engineering with an
emphasis on computer technology, networking, requirements
analysis, and system definition.
Progressively more challenging positions in systems engineering and
requirements analysis. Extensive computer background beginning with
Zilog Z80. Conversant with PC DOS, Windows, UNIX, NOVA and Macintosh
operating systems. CNA and CNE training with emphasis on TCP/IP and
NFS. Comfortable with technical design, documentation, marketing,
proposals, management and customer interface. Proficient in HTML
coding and some CGI scripting.
9/96 - PRESENT: The Diamond Lane
- System Admin/Technicl Support/Webmaster
1/94 - 1/96: CalWest Publications
- Retail Merchandising of Magazines and Books.
11/92 - 12/93: Aydin Corporation (Staff to President)
- Responsible for major business area.
- Hired overseas agents.
- Managed Proposals.
- Worked with State and Commerce Departments for export licensing.
- Prepared division five year strategic plan.
- Formed strategic alliances with other firms.
- Specified computer resources.
1/86 - 8/92: Litton ATD (System Engineer)
- Performed study defining a large analysis and reprogramming
center including hardware and software as Chief Project
- Designed system upgrades to existing systems.
- Served as Principal Investigator for internal research project.
- Assisted in final design, integration and test of a threat
- Supported business development including technical White
Papers, proposal efforts and briefing presentations.
- Made extensive use of Macintosh and IBM PCs for preparation of
presentation material and other technical documentation.
10/79 - 1/86: Dalmo Victor (System Engineer)
- Performed analysis for software design.
- Developed simulation and system mockups for software testing.
- Developed test plans and procedures for software testing.
- Interfaced with U. S. and foreign customers.
- Wrote development specification for major product upgrade
8/78 - 10/79: Ford Aerospace (Engineer)
- Prepared environmental test plans and procedures.
- Participated in proposal efforts.
- Wrote maintenance and operator manuals for Satellite
- Performed Maintenance and Reliability studies.
- Performed trade studies for distributed processing.
10/74 - 8/78: Hughes Aircraft (Senior Technician)
- Established and maintained calibration status monitoring
- Wrote test procedures.
- Designed and built special test equipment.
- Performed various Quality Control duties.
- Performed PC card, unit, and system tests, and environmental
A.S. in Electronics Technology with Honors, LBCC
Novell CNE course completion Certificate, Masters Institute
CNA including TCP/IP, NFS and Macintosh
MILITARY: Honorably discharged, USNR 12/11/67. Vietnam era Veteran.
This page created by Chris Cochems.
Reply to him at this address.